Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Ayala Triangle Experience

I often passed by ayala triangle when it was still a dilapidated plot of land. I used think that this place should be made into a park! The place epitomized "concrete jungle" because it literally looked like a jungle in the middle of all the CBD buildings.

Last year, Ayala fixed it up! I heard from a friend that it's because Bonifacio Global City was marketing and positioning itself so well as a residential area in the city, that the value of residential spaces in the CBD were diminishing. People in the city wanted a weekend life as well; so parks, churches, and other recreational spaces were more in demand.

Once the park was in place, my officemates and I started to use it as a jogging area. It was a great place to run because it was so near. The only catch is, that if you run in ayala triangle early after office hours, the smog from rush hour is too heavy to handle. We started running elsewhere, but the newly landscaped lawns were still a lovely addition to the busy area.

Then the restaurants finally opened. I was so excited to try them out because I really love eating out. I wouldn't recommend anyone to jog there anymore because the trail gets cut off by the people waiting in line to get into the restaurants. And besides, I think it's just a 1km run around the triangle. Pretty useless. So now for me it's just a nice place to eat.

SEE? =)...

Ayala Triangle in the Morning
Ayala Triangle at Night

OMAKASE

Sushi Boat at Omakase :)

 BONCHON CHICKEN


 Bonchon Chicken and Friends

BFAST by Chef Laudico






yeah we eat A LOT.



Amici




Ice Cream Cakes!


Wee Nam Kee

Cereal Prawns and Roasted Chicken (headache inducing fatty goodness)
(OK, this was taken in Singapore, but that's still what we ate, just a little smaller here)

3 comments:

  1. Made me crave for some Japanese food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Camille, you have really good-looking friends. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will treat myself to Omakase next week. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete